Wow, what an intense two days this has been!
June 18 marked the launch of our latest feature: the Media Search for our Gmail Firefox plugin. Since then our systems have been keeping up with the deluge of new photos, videos, and files—a real testament to all the hard work that has gone in to ensuring our service is fast, stable, and super-scalable.
We've quickly fixed a number of top issues:
- Firefox 3.0 compability: Firefox 3.0 is now fully supported. If you've installed the plugin, simply reload your browser window to get the update.
- Gmail Firefox add-on: we've made some major stability improvements which means no more "unresponsive script" errors or long loading times.
- Picasa images: in certain cases Picasa images wouldn't show up when you zoomed into them.
- Password changing form: a minor bug prevented the password change form in the Settings page from opening.
- Logos and screenshots: we've updated the logos for black web page backgrounds.
Thank you for all the feedback you've been sending in. We love hearing what you think—please keep the comments and suggestions coming.
p.s. Here's an awesome Twitter from davidadewumi: "no joke, Xoopit for Gmail is really amazing. For someone with over 1000 photos, videos, and attachments flying around, it's God-send!"
p.p.s. We still have some invitation codes if you want to try Xoopit during this private beta. Click here to sign up.
-- Amy Lee
Frontend Team, Xoopit.com